Sunday, May 19, 2024
spot_img
HomeNewsRara National Park Sees Rise in Tourist Arrivals

Rara National Park Sees Rise in Tourist Arrivals

Rara National Park, a popular tourist destination in Nepal’s Karnali Province, witnessed a surge in visitor numbers between July 17 and November 16, 2023. Over 4,600 tourists, including 4,490 domestic and 96 foreign visitors from 24 SAARC countries, explored the park’s stunning beauty during this period.

This increase in tourism is attributed to the Dashain-Tihar holiday season, where domestic tourist numbers skyrocketed. The park generated approximately Rs 1.2 million in revenue during this festive period.

Compared to 2022, Rara has experienced a significant rise in visitor numbers. Last year, the park welcomed around 11,000 domestic tourists, 26 tourists from SAARC countries, and 183 foreign visitors.

Entrance fees for the park vary based on nationality. Domestic tourists pay Rs 100, while visitors from SAARC countries and other foreign tourists are charged Rs 1,500 and Rs 3,000 respectively.

Currently, the majority of tourists reach Rara by air (75%), while the remaining 25% utilize land transportation. Improved and reliable road access is expected to further boost tourism numbers in the future.

Also Read: Celebrating the Magnificent: The Elephant Festival Returns to Chitwan

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
treekingmart

Most Popular

spot_img
spot_img

Recent Comments